kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Santilli <jonathansanti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kafka transactions not working in 2.3.1
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2019 10:30:08 GMT
Hello Soman,

again, hard to tell, this is what the docs say:

"...if you are upgrading from a version prior to 0.11.0.x, then
CURRENT_MESSAGE_FORMAT_VERSION should be set to match CURRENT_KAFKA_VERSION.
"

also:

"...Once the brokers begin using the latest protocol version, it will no
longer be possible to downgrade the cluster to an older version."

So, I guess you have tested or are testing in a DEV environment before
going to prod, if so, and you have not restarted the brokers with the
newest protocol version, I think it could work.

Again, I have not more info than the one you are providing, this is my leap
of faith.

Cheers!
--
Jonathan