kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Matthias J. Sax" <matth...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: KafkaStreams internal producer order guarantee
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2019 09:29:34 GMT
That is correct. It depends on what guarantees you need though. Also
note, that producers ofter write into repartitions topics to re-key data
and for this case, no ordering guarantee can be provided anyway, as the
single writer principle is "violated".

Also note, that Kafka Streams can handle out-of-order data for most
cases correctly and thus it should be ok to leave the default config values.

But as always: it depends on your application and your requirements. As
a rule of thumb: as long as you don't experience any issue, I would just
go with default configs.

-Matthias