kafka-users mailing list archives

From Péter Sinóros-Szabó <peter.sinoros-sz...@transferwise.com.INVALID>
Subject MirrorMaker2 to mirror new topics?
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2020 10:20:40 GMT
Hi,

Should MM2 automatically start to mirror new topics?
I see in the logs that MM2 created the remote topic, but it is not
mirroring the new messages.

In the source cluster, topic was created 3 days ago and there is about 200
million messages in it.
Just to test if the messages are there, I could consume 30.000 messages
from it (just didn't want to read more...).

In the destination cluster, I see the topic is there, MM2 logs that it
created it, MM2 logs also that it is consuming from all 6 partitions of it
besides the other about 600 topics that is is mirroring.

But on the destination cluster, I do not see new messages arriving and also
in total I only see about 22.000 messages.

What can be the problem here?

Thanks,
Peter