kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Federico D'Ambrosio" <fedex...@gmail.com>
Subject KSQL UDFs with structs as parameters, structs as output
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2020 08:47:49 GMT
Hello everyone,

is there any example of UDF which has Structs as input parameters or
outputs?

I'm currently implementing a UDF which should be something like:

Struct merge(Struct before, Struct after)

(these structs are from nested JSON objects, like {"field1": "value",
Now, I was using KsqlStruct to enforce types and set values, but then I
found this issue (https://github.com/confluentinc/ksql/issues/3413).

So, I'm wondering if there's any example of how to use Structs in UDFs,
since I cannot seem to find any in the official documentation.

Thank you very much for your help,
Federico D'Ambrosio