kafka-users mailing list archives

From Taha Aslam Qureshi <qure...@purdue.edu>
Subject How to produce in DR scenario with Mirror maker (automatic failover)
Date Sat, 07 Mar 2020 18:27:21 GMT
Hello,

I am trying out Mirror Maker 2 on my Kafka 2.4 cluster for DR purposes. I have created a dedicated
cluster for the DR. MM2 seems to be working fine, but I not sure how would I be able to produce
to a topic in a scenario of a DR.

Current Scenario, let's say I have a topic called "mytopic" in my primary cluster and it will
be replication to backup cluster with prefix primary called "primary.mytopic"

Primary Cluster1:
mytopic

Backup Cluster2
primary.mytopic

My app is bootstrapped to the primary cluster to produce to mytopic. In a scenario of DR is
there an automatic way to switch the topic to primary.topics with bootstrap to the backup
cluster?

Thanks for the help!