kafka-users mailing list archives

From Sunil CHAUDHARI <sunilchaudh...@dbs.com.INVALID>
Subject Producer-Perf-test
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2020 09:13:05 GMT
Hi,
I have done performance testing of Kafka cluster using kafka-producer-perf-test.sh
I created diff type of topics and did perf testing. Example: MB1P1R= MB is my topic name with
1 Partition and 1 replica.
I have 3 nodes cluster.

My Observations:

  *   When I increased partitions, and keep replica same, then Throughput increases. Compare
Row  1 and 2
  *   Increase number of replica  and  partitions same: Throughput decreased than before.
Row 2 and 3
  *   Increase number of partitions and keep replica same as before: TP increased.  Row 3
and 4
  *   Increase number of Replica and keep partitions same: TP decreased. Row 4 and 5.

Question: Does it make any impact on throughput when number of partitions and replicas are
equal?

Sr NO

Topic

Partitions

Replicas

Network.threads

IO-Threads

Records Sent

Batch-size-avg

Throughput

Latency (ms)

Records/sec

Size/sec

Avg

Max

1

MB1P1R

1

1

3

8

65495

16220

68653.03983

13.78 MB/sec

163.67

245

2

MB2P1R

2

1

3

8

65495

15865.719

58269.57295

11.70 MB/sec

173.81

470

3

MB2P2R

2

2

3

8

65495

16202.813

46286.21908

9.29 MB/sec

417.33

704

4

MB3P2R

3

2

3

8

65495

16184

56412.57537

11.32 MB/sec

229.82

550

5

MB3P3R

3

3

3

8

65495

46417.43444

9.32 MB/sec

411.44

705

Regards,
Sunil.
CONFIDENTIAL NOTE:
The information contained in this email is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity named above and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify
the sender and delete the mail. Thank you.