kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Reftel, Magnus" <Magnus.Ref...@skatteetaten.no.INVALID>
Subject Does the response to a OffsetFetch include non-committed transactional offsets?
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2020 14:11:39 GMT
If a consumer sends its offset for a topic-partition as part of a transaction, and someone
sends an OffsetFetch request for that consumer group and topic-partition before the transaction
is committed, is the OffsetFetch response meant to include that pending offset, or only the
last offset sent outside of a non-committed transaction? I find no discussion of it in the
Kafka protocol guide, and the code in GroupMetadata.scala seems to indicate that pending offsets
are not included, but I'm observing some behavior that might suggest otherwise.

Best Regards
Magnus Reftel

Denne e-posten og eventuelle vedlegg er beregnet utelukkende for den institusjon eller person
den er rettet til og kan vaere belagt med lovbestemt taushetsplikt. Dersom e-posten er feilsendt,
vennligst slett den og kontakt Skatteetaten.
The contents of this email message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s)
and may contain confidential information and may be legally protected from disclosure. If
you are not the intended recipient of this message, please immediately delete the message
and alert the Norwegian Tax Administration.