kafka-users mailing list archives

From Sebastian Schmitz <sebastian.schm...@propellerhead.co.nz>
Subject Arcsight Logs into Vertica through Kafka
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2020 18:24:24 GMT
Hello!

One of my customers wants to get the Logs produced by Arcsight into Vertica
to do some analysis.
They tried posting the normal logs to Kafka and consume from Vertica, but
Vertica doesn't understand the (binary) format and the other options
available from Arcsight are also not better for that. We found an article
that we could use Avro from Confluent, but I really don't want to change my
whole Kafka-Infrastructure to use the Confluent Kafka just for this case
and the Avro-stuff looks like it'll still be some kind of binary.

Does somebody maybe already have some experience with this?

Thx

Sebastian

--
DISCLAIMER
This email contains information that is confidential and which

notify the sender immediately and delete the email.
This email is intended
solely for the use of the intended recipient and you may not use or
disclose this email in any way.