kafka-users mailing list archives

From Ricardo Ferreira <rifer...@riferrei.com>
Subject Re: Unused options in ConsumerPerformance
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2020 11:57:54 GMT
Hi Jiamei,

Changes in Apache Kafka need to be handled via JIRA tickets
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/KAFKA/issues>. The best way to
get started with this is joining the developer mailing list
<dev-subscribe@kafka.apache.org>.

Thanks,

-- Ricardo

On 6/9/20 4:00 AM, Jiamei Xie wrote:
> Hi
> It seems  that Option numThreadsOpt and numFetchersOpt are unused in ConsumerPerformance.
Could it be removed?

> I have done benchmarks to get consumer performance vs threads and there were no big differences
with different thread number.

> I read source code core/src/main/scala/kafka/tools/ConsumerPerformance.scala and found
that numThreadsOpt and numFetchersOpt are not used.

> Best wishes
> Jiamei Xie
>
> IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and
may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately
and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or
copy the information in any medium. Thank you.