kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jiamei Xie <Jiamei....@arm.com>
Subject 回复: Unused options in ConsumerPerformance
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2020 05:34:46 GMT
Hi Ricardo,
  I was a little confused about the function of Jira tickets and mailing list. Thanks for
your clarify. I have created one, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-10126

发件人: Ricardo Ferreira <riferrei@riferrei.com>
发送时间: 2020年6月9日 19:58
收件人: users@kafka.apache.org; Jiamei Xie <Jiamei.Xie@arm.com>
主题: Re: Unused options in ConsumerPerformance

Hi Jiamei,

Changes in Apache Kafka need to be handled via JIRA tickets<https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/KAFKA/issues>.

Thanks,

-- Ricardo
On 6/9/20 4:00 AM, Jiamei Xie wrote:

Hi

It seems  that Option numThreadsOpt and numFetchersOpt are unused in ConsumerPerformance.
Could it be removed?

I have done benchmarks to get consumer performance vs threads and there were no big differences
with different thread number.

I read source code core/src/main/scala/kafka/tools/ConsumerPerformance.scala and found that
numThreadsOpt and numFetchersOpt are not used.

Best wishes

Jiamei Xie

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may
also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately
and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or
copy the information in any medium. Thank you.