kafka-users mailing list archives

From Liam Clarke-Hutchinson <liam.cla...@adscale.co.nz>
Subject Re: backup
Date Sun, 09 Aug 2020 11:52:18 GMT
Hi Dor,

There are multiple approaches.

1) Clone your Kafka broker volumes
2) Use Kafka Connect to stream all data to a different storage system such
as Hadoop, S3, etc.
3) Use Mirrormaker to replicate all data to a backup cluster.

Which approach is right for you really depends on your needs, but
generally, if you have enough nodes in your clusters, and a correct
replication setting for a topic, you won't need to backup Kafka. As a rule
of thumb, a topic with a replication factor of N can survive N - 1 node
failures without data loss.

If you can provide more information about the problems you're trying to
solve, our advice can be more directed :)

Kind regards,

Liam Clarke-Hutchinson