kafka-users mailing list archives

From 宋英拴 <songyingsh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some conceptual and administrational question
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2020 09:22:59 GMT
hi hamidreza,
Here are some of my views on your question and all my answer is based on
Kafka-1.0.1:
1. This function is probably not off the shelf in kafka 1.0.1 and you need
to do this yourself if you really need this.
However, u can get the start and end offsets of one specific partition by
kafka apis, so you can monitor these data periodically and set up
notifications based on these data.
But poor real-time is an obvious problem.

2. You can try from here :
https://kafka.apache.org/10/documentation.html#log
https://kafka.apache.org/protocol#protocol_philosophy

3. Kafka achieves HA through multiple copies and i don't think it is
necessary to do backups at the cluster level.

4. I haven't paid attention to this myself =_=!

5. First, read this :
https://kafka.apache.org/10/documentation.html#brokerconfigs , and pay
attention to those configs which `IMPORTANCE` is `high`. I think u can get
lots of info from internet.
And then, start your cluster and update the configuration based on
maintenance experience.

hamidreza hosseini <hrhosseini@hotmail.com> 于2020年8月1日周六 下午11:48写道: