kafka-users mailing list archives

From Sunny Lohani <sunny.loh...@gmail.com>
Subject Kafka Mirror Maker 2: RemoteClusterUtils.translateOffsets() returning empty map
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2020 14:28:05 GMT
Hi,

I have 2 data centers, each having single node Zookeeper and Kafka cluster.
I have a topic (single partition) in both the data center kafka clusters. I
am using MM 2.0 as a dedicated cluster for bi-directional replication of
the topic as well as using RemoteClusterUtils.translateOffsets() in my
application for offset translation during failover. But the method is
returning an empty map due to which the consumer is not resuming from
proper offsets for local/remote topics.

When I investigated further, I found that the checkpoint
topics A.checkpoints.internal and B.checkpoints.internal in respective
clusters do not have any kafka message. I don't see any errors in the
mirror maker console logs. I searched everywhere on the internet but could
not get any help. Below is the mm.properties:

clusters = A, B
A.bootstrap.servers = 10.34.45.113:19092
B.bootstrap.servers = 10.34.45.113:29092

A->B.enabled = true
A->B.topics = .*
B->A.enabled = true
B->A.topics = .*

# Setting replication factor of newly created remote topics
replication.factor=1

checkpoints.topic.replication.factor=1
heartbeats.topic.replication.factor=1
offset-syncs.topic.replication.factor=1

offset.storage.replication.factor=1
status.storage.replication.factor=1
config.storage.replication.factor=1

sync.topic.acls.enabled = false

emit.checkpoints.enabled = true
emit.checkpoints.interval.seconds = 5
----

Need help on this urgently. Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
Sunny Kumar Lohani,