kafka-users mailing list archives

From Vignesh <davidviki...@gmail.com>
Subject Kafka Connect - REST API https
Date Sat, 01 Aug 2020 22:45:45 GMT
Hello Kafka Users,

I'm trying to secure the REST end point in kafka connect with https ..

Below is my config in connect.distributed.properties file,

I created self signed certificate in my linux VM,
******************
listeners=https://myhostname.xxxxx.xx.com:8085

listeners.https.ssl.keystore.location=/home/kafka/server.keystore.jks
listeners.https.ssl.keystore.password=*******
listeners.https.ssl.key.password=******
listeners.https.ssl.truststore.location=/home/kafka/server.truststore.jks
listeners.https.ssl.truststore.password=******
listeners.https.ssl.client.auth=required
  ******************

In connect.log , i see my listeners specific ssl properties are ignored as
unknown config.. and when i try to open my rest endpoint in web browser
using https , i get ssl error.

Error in web browser,

*myhostname.xxxxx.xx.com <http://myhostname.xxxxx.xx.com>* uses an
unsupported protocol.
ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Error in connect.log,

*[2020-08-01 17:36:42,705] WARN The configuration
'listeners.https.ssl.keystore.location' was supplied but isn't a known
config. (org.apache.kafka.clients.admin.AdminClientConfig:355)*

Any thoughts/suggestions on what i'm missing here??

Thanks !!!

-
Vignesh