kafka-users mailing list archives

From Aninditya SAHA <a.s...@f5.com.INVALID>
Subject Alerting on Kafka certificate
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2020 04:42:14 GMT
Hi,

I wish to address a problem that I was facing few days back.
Here's the problem statement:

Certificates of Kafka broker in Control plane expired which impacted Kafka Mirror maker service
in all dataplanes. As a result, we renewed Kafka broker certificates manually in Control plane
which restored kafka mirror maker service.

Short Term actions include:

Delete Kafka-mirror maker pods in different data planes to check if the newly created pods
are able to use the certificate.

My question here is, how can we setup alert/notification for certificate expiry. Is there
any exporter which can capture the logs, and create a metric to monitor it and push it to
Prometheus so that we can get alerting on the same.

Please do send me necessary links/tools which is useful to deal with this.

Thanks,
Aninditya