kafka-users mailing list archives

From Satish kumar <satish.kum...@milliporesigma.com>
Subject Re: compatible kafka version to use when using with logstash 7.5.1-1
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2020 21:56:45 GMT
Hello Manoj,

I did kafka rolling upgrade and sorted out errors at both producer and consumer side.

but logstash 7.5 is sending empty messages to my kafka brokers where as logstash 2.4 is sending
json messages normally(im seeing messages in kafka UI tool)

what is the supported Kafka version with logstash 7.5?

On 2020/08/07 03:30:55, <Manoj.Agrawal2@cognizant.com> wrote:
> Are you getting any error at kafka broker or producing/consuming message ?
> Can you please provide more detail how did you upgrade or what error you are getting
. it all depend how did you upgraded ?

> ´╗┐On 8/6/20, 4:13 PM, "Satish Kumar" <satish.chow9@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     [External]
>

>     Hello,
>
>     I upgraded kafka from 0.10 to 2.5.0 and also I upgraded logstash from 2.4
>     to 7.5
>
>     when I have kafka 1.10 and logstash 2.4 the messages used to forward
>     without any problems. But after the upgrade I'm getting errors in both
>     logstash and kafka logs so I would like to know what is the compatible
>     kafka version to use with logstash ( logstash is using kafka-integration
>     plugin 10.0.0). Please let me know what the compatible version is. I will
>     do upgrades/downgrades according to that.
>

> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or
any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful. Where permitted by applicable law, this e-mail and other e-mail communications
sent to and from Cognizant e-mail addresses may be monitored.