kafka-users mailing list archives

From Srinivas srihaan <srinivas...@gmail.com>
Subject How to restrict kafka Topic creation/deletion and ACL create/delete for a TLS user?
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2020 16:52:40 GMT
I have AWS MSK Kafka Cluster (only TLS) and i want to restrict Topic Creation/Deletion for
all the tls users except one user ( i am restricting all the zookeeper nodes through security)

Issue: Currently i am able to create/delete the topics and also update the ACLs from all the
tls users (with certificate) with broker urls. can we restrict this behavior in AWS MSK kafka
cluster.

Expected: create/delete kafka topics should only work with one TLS User and all other tls
users should not have this option.
Broker urls should only work for Read(consumer) and Write(producer) operations (not for create/delete
and alter acl) is there any way to restrict?