kafka-users mailing list archives

From Nicolas Carlot <nicolas.car...@chronopost.fr.INVALID>
Subject Kafka/Zookeeper when nodes become unreachable
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2020 10:48:21 GMT
Hello,

I have the current situation and I'm struggling figuring out what is/should
be happening.
Let say I have a 3 broker / 3 ZK ensemble setup.

The brokers are aware of all of the 3 ZK nodes. To my understanding each
borker will "randomly" select a ZK node to communicate with, resulting in 1
to 3 of the ZK nodes to be used.

Now, I have a ZK node that loses connection with the ZK ensemble, but is
still alive.
If some brokers were using that node, they also end up being isolated from
the other brokers ?

--
*Nicolas Carlot*

Lead dev