kafka-users mailing list archives

Subject Kafka Streams: Creating Serde in Scala for application specific object
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2020 21:33:08 GMT
I am grouping messages as follows:

.groupBy((_, myAppObject) => myAppObject.getId)(Grouped.`with`[String,
MyAppObject])

I am getting a message saying.. "No implicits found for parameter
valueSerde: Serde[MyAppObject]

My understanding is I need to add an implicit like this...

implicit val *mySerde*:Serde[MyAppObject] = Serdes.fromFn(...)

But I don't know how to create a Serde for MyAppObject. Am I supposed
to use 'fromFn'? I couldn't find any examples. Any tips would be
greatly appreciated!

Thanks.