kafka-users mailing list archives

From <Amit.SRIVAS...@cognizant.com>
Subject RE: RE: Maintaining same offset while migrating from Confluent Replicator to Apache Mirror Maker 2.0
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2020 06:28:50 GMT
Hi Ning,

It did not worked. Here are the logs from the replicator and mirror maker 2 respectively:

Replicator:

[2020-12-08 05:11:06,611] INFO [Consumer clientId=onprem-aws-replicator-0, groupId=onprem-aws-replicator]
Seeking to offset 83 for partition ONPREM.AWS.REPLICA.TOPIC.P3R3-0 (org.apache.kafka.clients.consumer.KafkaConsumer:1545)

[2020-12-08 05:11:07,113] INFO [Consumer clientId=onprem-aws-replicator-0, groupId=onprem-aws-replicator]
Seeking to offset 49 for partition ONPREM.AWS.REPLICA.TOPIC.P3R3-1 (org.apache.kafka.clients.consumer.KafkaConsumer:1545)

[2020-12-08 05:11:07,615] INFO [Consumer clientId=onprem-aws-replicator-0, groupId=onprem-aws-replicator]
Seeking to offset 53 for partition ONPREM.AWS.REPLICA.TOPIC.P3R3-2 (org.apache.kafka.clients.consumer.KafkaConsumer:1545)

Mirror Maker 2.0:

[2020-12-08 06:10:51,385] INFO [Consumer clientId=consumer-4, groupId=null] Seeking to offset
80 for partition ONPREM.AWS.REPLICA.TOPIC.P3R3-0 (org.apache.kafka.clients.consumer.KafkaConsumer:1545)

[2020-12-08 06:10:51.385] INFO [Consumer clientId= consumer-4, groupId=null] Seeking to offset
49 for partition ONPREM.AWS.REPLICA.TOPIC.P3R3-0 (org.apache.kafka.clients.consumer.KafkaConsumer:1545)

[2020-12-08 06:10:51.386] INFO [Consumer clientId= consumer-4, groupId=null] Seeking to offset
52 for partition ONPREM.AWS.REPLICA.TOPIC.P3R3-0 (org.apache.kafka.clients.consumer.KafkaConsumer:1545)

You can see that groupId is still null in MM2 and the offsets are previous offset meaning
it will replicate those messages as well which has been already replicated by Replicator.

Thanks and regards,

Amit