kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Indu V" <in...@suntecgroup.com>
Subject ProducerFencedException
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2020 05:09:18 GMT
Hi Team,

I am facing an issue in a single Kafka environment trying to connect from multiple application
instances.

org.apache.kafka.common.KafkaException: Cannot perform send because at least one previous
transactional or idempotent request has failed with errors.

Caused by: org.apache.kafka.common.errors.ProducerFencedException: Producer attempted an operation
with an old epoch. Either there is a newer producer with the same transactionalId, or the
producer's transaction has been expired by the broker.

100K records are published to Kafka in parallel.

The producer is transactional. We are clearing the producer instance after the transaction
commit and rollback. So each transaction will be creating a new producer instance.

The transaction.id is given using UUID.

transaction.max.timeout.ms - 9000000
transaction.timeout.ms - 600000

Brokers - 1
Replication factor - 1
ISR - 1

Kafka version - kafka_2.12-2.5.0

Please help me to solve this issue.

Regards,
Indu V

This electronic mail (including any attachment thereto) may be confidential and privileged
and is intended only for the individual or entity named above. Any unauthorized use, printing,
copying, disclosure or dissemination of this communication may be subject to legal restriction
or sanction. Accordingly, if you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
by replying to this email immediately and delete this email (and any attachment thereto) from
your computer system...Thank You.