karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Ioannis Canellos <ioca...@gmail.com>
Subject Sporadic Exception when installing features
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2010 16:25:23 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to identify an issue I am having with the latest karaf release.
On a fresh installation I do the following:

karaf@root> features:install spring
karaf@root> features:install webconsole
karaf@root> features:install war

At this point I get an exception:

Error executing command: Could not start bundle
mvn:org.ops4j.pax.web/pax-web-jsp/0.7.2 in feature(s) : Unresolved
constraint in bundle org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-jsp [53]: Unable to acquire
global lock for resolve.

I retry the command:

ERROR: JarContent: Unable to read bytes. (java.lang.IllegalStateException:
zip file closed)

With the third attempt everything seems fine

The behavior described above is deterministic (it happens everytime).

The behavior I will describe below is somehow random (sometimes it happens
and sometimes not).

karaf@root> features:addUrl file:/<location to a home made feature xml>
karaf@root> features:install <home made feature name (its a webapp)>

Sometimes I get a ClassNotFoundException: org/osgi/service/http/HttpService
(its only solved with restarting karaf), while sometimes it works with no
problems.

--
Ioannis D. Canellos