karaf-dev mailing list archives

From "Jamie G." <jamie.goody...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ServiceMix in Action
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 11:10:19 GMT
That's great news!

If you need any help/collaboration on the Karaf section let me know.

Cheers,
Jamie

dev@karaf.apache.org <dev@karaf.apache.org>
> Sent: Fri Aug 13 03:17:30 2010
> Subject: ServiceMix in Action
>
> Hi,
>
> I have been contacted by Manning to discuss the opportunity to write a book about "ServiceMix
in Action". Following the discussions that we have had together, the general feeling is that
a book is necessary Why :
> 1) Documentation on Apache Web Site is obsolete, not up to date,
> 2) ServiceMix4 gains more attention from architect, developers and Java community in
general,
> 3) This book can contribute to success of architecture designed around modularity and
including Enterprise features,
> 5) Publication of a ServiceMix book + Aries book (in discussion too) will be a perfect
match to present in more detail Servicemix, Karaf, high-availability, management, security,
deployment, design of solution with Camel/CXF, jbi, blueprint, transaction ... Those two books
will represent the bricks for the architect in charge to design enterprise solutions for OSGI
world !

> Remark :
> 1) To avoid confusion with the books in preparation, I have proposed to change the name
of the book of Alexandre de Castro Alves (http://www.manning.com/alves/) which is not at all
oriented to "OSGI Enterprise" and to review the scope for the incoming book "Aries in action"
which is from my point of view more oriented to solve Enterprise issues and because Aries
implements OSGI EE.
> 2) I plan to write the proposal in the coming next days/weeks (if I find time between
my missions !)

> If people are interested to write with me the book, please let me know ? They will help
me to correct my bad/poor English ;-)