karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Ioannis Canellos <ioca...@gmail.com>
Subject Generate Features XML and dependency types
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2010 13:25:09 GMT
Hi,

I was trying to generate the features xml for a web application using the
features-maven-plugin and having the war as a dependency.
It seems to me to the generate features mojo ignores the dependency type.
Example:

My dependency looks like this

    <dependency>
        <groupId>net.iocanel.sample</groupId>
        <artifactId>web</artifactId>
        <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
        <type>war</type>
    </dependency>

The generated feature looks like this

  <feature name='web' version='1.0-SNAPSHOT'>
    <bundle>mvn:net.iocanel.sample/web/1.0-SNAPSHOT</bundle>
  </feature>

I would expect
<bundle>mvn:net.iocanel.sample/web/1.0-SNAPSHOT/war</bundle>

This causes two problems:
a) The feature is not getting installed.
b) Transitive dependency bundles are not added to the feature.

I would create a jira issue, but I am not sure if I miss something here.
--
Ioannis D. Canellos