karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Karaf 2.2.0 release planning
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 19:10:19 GMT
Hi,

on my side, I would like to complete the JAAS work before releasing.

The JAAS enhancement includes:
- adding "cipher" attribute in AbstractKarafLoginModule defining the
default password encryption algorithm.
- adding "util" methods in AbstractKarafLoginModule to encrypt password
(override the password callback)
- update existing login modules to use encrypted password
- update the PropertiesLoginModule to encrypt plain passwords stored in
the etc/users.properties file, prefix encrypted password with {CRYPT}
and store back in etc/users.properties file.

In the same area, I have begun to create an util bundle storing spread
classes and resources such as Properties.

Unfortunately, I have some production issues to fix at work, so I don't
think that I will be able to complete these tasks before sunday evening.

Is it fine for everyone ?
Sorry for the delay :/

Regards
JB