karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Karaf 2.2.0 release planning
Date Sun, 12 Sep 2010 05:55:55 GMT
Hi all,

I made progress on the encryption enchancement in JAAS login module.

I added the encryption interface in the jaas/module bundle and created
an encryption feature which uses jasypt.

The last think to do is to use the encryption service in
AbstractKarafLoginModule when the encryption algorithm is set.

I added a blueprint service reference in jaas/module (I gonna flag this
reference as optional) but I wonder the most elegant way to use this
service reference in the login module (via the abtract). I see two ways:
- inject the service reference in the login module using a
setEncryption() setter in the AbstractKarafLoginModule. To do it, I need
to upgrade the jaas/config bundle to change the <jaas:config/> XSD and
add a encryption setter in <jaas:module/> schema.
- use "old" fashion OSGi service lookup in the AbstractKarafLoginModule
using
bundleContext.getServiceReference("org.apache.karaf.jaas.module.Encryption")
and bundleContext.getService(). In that case I need to add
setBundleContext() in the AbstractKarafLoginModule and blueprint service
reference is not required.

What do you prefer ? Maybe there is another way that you see ?

Thanks
Regards
JB

--