karaf-dev mailing list archives

From "Jamie G." <jamie.goody...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Karaf version 2.1.0
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2010 09:44:27 GMT
The property "karaf.lock.level" is used to configure how bundles are
started or not in a master/slave config. The property
"karaf.systemBundlesStartLevel" is only used by the karaf shell
package in Utils and ListBundles classes... I do not see how this
property will affect the operation of Master/Slave fail over.

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 4:11 AM, Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, this is very minor annoyance which does not affect the behavior
> and which has an easy workaround which is to use 'la' instead of
> 'osgi:list'.
> Also the real purpose is to not show 'system bundles' by default,
> which means the value should be the same as the one used to define the
> threshold when using osgi:start and other related commands.
> I'd think that introducing yet another variable would make things even
> more confusing.
>
> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 07:59, Charles Moulliard <cmoulliard@gmail.com> wrote:
>> As this property is used also to configure how bundles are started or
>> not in a master/slave config, I would prefer to have a separate
>> variable to define which bundles are displayed by default on the
>> console.
>>
>> So we must solve this before to release karaf 2.1.0
>>

>> On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 3:13 PM, Jamie G. <jamie.goodyear@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The default level can be adjusted by changing the value of
>>> "karaf.systemBundlesStartLevel" in $KARAF_HOME/etc/custom.properties.
>>>
>>> Down stream users can adjust this value to what ever level makes the
>>> most sense for their purposes.

Karaf :: Shell

- my home is

comments)