karaf-dev mailing list archives

From "Jamie G." <jamie.goody...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Karaf version 2.1.0
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2010 11:58:31 GMT
To add to the confusion there are some other related properties:

{code}
# To enable the use of the startup.properties file to control the start level:
karaf.auto.start=startup.properties

org.osgi.framework.startlevel.beginning=100
karaf.startlevel.bundle=60
{code}

And I whole heartedly agree with you that we need documentation for
the updated commands -- we really need a manual entry for each command
in Karaf. I believe our current documentation is under
http://karaf.apache.org/41-console-and-commands.html, we'll have to
start adding those updates here.

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 9:17 AM, Charles Moulliard <cmoulliard@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for my mistake. I thought that there was one property when in
> fact there was two.
>
> I would say that if the wiki web site has been updated with the
> modifications made (description of the command 'la' and new parameter
> added for 'osgi:list -t') , I accept the promotion of this new
> release.
>
> +1
>
> Charles
>

> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 11:44 AM, Jamie G. <jamie.goodyear@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The property "karaf.lock.level" is used to configure how bundles are
>> started or not in a master/slave config. The property
>> "karaf.systemBundlesStartLevel" is only used by the karaf shell
>> package in Utils and ListBundles classes... I do not see how this
>> property will affect the operation of Master/Slave fail over.
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 4:11 AM, Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Yeah, this is very minor annoyance which does not affect the behavior
>>> and which has an easy workaround which is to use 'la' instead of
>>> 'osgi:list'.
>>> Also the real purpose is to not show 'system bundles' by default,
>>> which means the value should be the same as the one used to define the
>>> threshold when using osgi:start and other related commands.
>>> I'd think that introducing yet another variable would make things even
>>> more confusing.

is displayed on Mac :

 Name
Apache Karaf :: Shell