karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Karaf 2.2.0 release planning
Date Sun, 05 Sep 2010 06:40:52 GMT
We used to do that inside the Felix TLP, mostly because of the OSGi versioning.
In OSGi,
  2.0.0 < 2.1.0 < 2.1.0-SNAPSHOT
This was a rule in Felix, but I agree we could come back to a more
natural versioning and go for 2.1.0
I have never really seen a case where this was actually a problem,
especially if the snapshots are called 2.0.1-SNAPSHOT for example.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet