karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Karaf version 2.1.0
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2010 12:09:21 GMT
Please don't waste too much time editing the wiki.
I've been working on a rewritten manual for karaf at
  http://github.com/gnodet/karafdoc
which includes a generated help page for all existing commands in karaf.
I plan to move that back into svn once scalate is released (which is
waiting for karaf 2.1 release actually).

I'm happy to give karma to anyone in the meantime.

I agree we need to list all the known properties somewhere though.

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 13:58, Jamie G. <jamie.goodyear@gmail.com> wrote:
> To add to the confusion there are some other related properties:
>
> {code}
> # To enable the use of the startup.properties file to control the start level:
> karaf.auto.start=startup.properties
>
> org.osgi.framework.startlevel.beginning=100
> karaf.startlevel.bundle=60
> {code}
>
> And I whole heartedly agree with you that we need documentation for
> the updated commands -- we really need a manual entry for each command
> in Karaf. I believe our current documentation is under
> http://karaf.apache.org/41-console-and-commands.html, we'll have to
> start adding those updates here.
>
> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 9:17 AM, Charles Moulliard <cmoulliard@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sorry for my mistake. I thought that there was one property when in
>> fact there was two.
>>
>> I would say that if the wiki web site has been updated with the
>> modifications made (description of the command 'la' and new parameter
>> added for 'osgi:list -t') , I accept the promotion of this new
>> release.
>>
>> +1
>>
>> Charles
>>

>> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 11:44 AM, Jamie G. <jamie.goodyear@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The property "karaf.lock.level" is used to configure how bundles are
>>> started or not in a master/slave config. The property
>>> "karaf.systemBundlesStartLevel" is only used by the karaf shell
>>> package in Utils and ListBundles classes... I do not see how this
>>> property will affect the operation of Master/Slave fail over.

Karaf

look at the help for

 Name
60] Apache Karaf :: Shell