karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Lars Heinemann <lh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Karaf WebConsole - I10n
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2010 06:45:10 GMT
Charles,

this is how it works with Eclipse Plugins (and therefore should also work for you).

Usually it's enough to bundle a folder called OSGI-INF/l10n which contains the bundle.properties
files where:

bundle.properties - provides the default language

bundle_xx.properties - provides the language for a given language ISO abbreviation (for example
bundle_en.properties for English)

bundle_xx_YY.properties - provides a country specific translation (for example bundle_de_AT.properties
for German in Austria)

If you stay with the default position of the bundle properties in OSGI-INF/l10n you don't
need to worry about editing the manifest. If you
placed the translations somewhere else in the bundle you need to point to it inside the manifest
file as "Bundle-Localization: <folder>"

Best regards,
Lars

Lars Heinemann