karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: admin core dependency on jline
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2010 11:39:30 GMT
Perhaps the uber jar should get assigned a new -uber.jar classifier or
something.  That way folks that want to use the uber jar can continue
to do so and yet be more maven friendly.

Regards,
Hiram

FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com/

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 5:14 PM, Ming Fang <mingfang@mac.com> wrote:
> Oh I see. But this is not very "maven" like and is causing Intellij not to "see" the
Ansi class.
> I think it's still better to explicitly declare all dependencies, but it's no big deal.
>
> On Nov 5, 2010, at 5:04 PM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
>
>> Well, actually, org.apache.karaf.shell.console jar has been turned
>> into a standalone jar so it embeds jansi and jline, gogo and hawtjni,
>> so I think that's why there's no need for additional dependnecies.
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 21:55, Ming Fang <mingfang@mac.com> wrote:
>>> It appears that org.apache.karaf.admin.internal.AdminServiceImpl.java in module
org.apache.karaf.admin.core needs org.fusesource.jansi.Ansi.
>>> However the pom file does not have a dependency it like this
>>>        <dependency>
>>>            <groupId>org.sonatype.jline</groupId>
>>>            <artifactId>jline</artifactId>
>>>            <scope>provided</scope>
>>>        </dependency>
>>>
>>> I suspect it currently compiles due to a bug in the maven compiler plugin since
it is incorrectly picking up the above dependency transitively from org.apache.karaf.shell.console.