karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Łukasz Dywicki <l...@code-house.org>
Subject RE: Modeling tools
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2010 12:08:31 GMT
Hi Andreas,
Many of vendors have academic programs and so on. We may ask for full licenses for free, non-commercial
use (documentation). If they'll decline we may back to open sourced tools. What is important
for me - is multi platform. Some of you working on Macs, others on Linux and I on windows.
;-) Created diagram should be exportable to some text form (for example XML/XMI) and easy
to put into version control to allow tracking it and modification in future.

Lukasz

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas Pieber [mailto:anpieber@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2010 12:49 PM
To: dev@karaf.apache.org
Subject: Re: Modeling tools

I think some UML diagrams of the core concepts would really help to understand karafs architecture,
but I'm not so sure if we should use tools which are not available for free.

Although not too pretty e.g. bouml [1] should do the job. At least it is open source and available
pre-packed on all (major) platforms/distributions.

WDYT?

kind regards,
andreas

[1] http://bouml.free.fr/