karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Ability to watch a bundle location
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 14:13:12 GMT
Hi Gert,

For the head/tail command, for sure, it can be helpful. I added
log:clear to avoid to get too larger log displayed.
OK to raise a Jira to add head/tail "util" commands in addition of the
grep one.

For the second point, maybe we can set a kind of development mode to
periodically watch no updated bundle. I don't think that putting this
behavior in the bundle URL is interesting because most of the time,
users will forget to set it.
I'm more for a kind of etc/org.apache.karaf.deployer.cfg switching
development mode. The configuration file could contain the watching
interval, a watching filter (to exclude some bundle), etc.
Like this, a production karaf instance will disable it and it's easy to
switch on using just this configuration file. The feature descriptor and
bundles URI are not changed.

Regards
JB