karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Achim Nierbeck <bcanh...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: features refresh mechanism?
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 22:30:28 GMT
Well, taken the example I explained in KARAF-312 I have the following

// First pass: include all bundles contained in these features
        Set<Bundle> bundles = new HashSet<Bundle>(state.bundles); <<
Here the current bundle eventadmin is added
        bundles.removeAll(state.installed); <<< Here the same is removed
        if (bundles.isEmpty()) { <<< therefore it is empty :(
            return bundles;
        }

> It should start from the installed features set and check if one of
> the newly installed bundles solve an optional import of an already
> installed bundle, or if it is a fragment to attach on an already
> installed bundle.
> This avoid refreshing bundles that are not related to the newly
> installed features.
>
> On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 23:12, Achim Nierbeck <bcanhome@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> After debugging, I'm not sure I do understand how this works. Does the
>> FeaturesServiceImpl#findBundlesToRefresh() method only work on the
>> newly installed feature set? I thought it helps me refreshing already
>> installed
>> bundles/features.
>>
>>> I will try to debug into this also,
>>> Jira Issue KARAF-312, does tell how to reproduce this.

How is