karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: features refresh mechanism?
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 08:49:28 GMT
So the features service tries to find out which bundles are to be refreshed.
This is done by checking all bundles previously installed (note that
if you install several features, even including dependencies, bundles
should only be resolved at the end, so it only considers bundles that
were installed before the installation of the current features) for
optional packages that could be refreshed or new fragments.
The code is in FeaturesServiceImpl#findBundlesToRefresh() if you want
to have a look.
There are certainly some possible enhancements here, as it basically
try to do a poor-man's resolution (or at least try to check if
fragment's host and packages can be matched ...)  I guess ideally,
we'd do a fake resolution, and this might become possible with the
next OBR generation, but not really now.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet