karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject [BUILD] Dealing with "provided" scope dependencies when generating eclipse descriptors with Maven
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 23:16:28 GMT
Hi,

I just built the trunk, generated eclipse descriptors and imported the
projects into eclipse only to notice that the "provided" scope dependencies
(felix gogo, jansi, and jline stuff from fusesource.org) were not included
in the class path for eclipse projects.

I guess this is a necessary evil when dealing with provided framework
dependencies in various environments. I just have a couple questions
regarding this:

(1) Do we consider jansi and jline jars as "provided" because we're
considering karaf as the environment? Trying to figure out why these were
marked as provided in some modules.

(2) Any idea why the OSGi core dependency is of "provided" scope yet it is
being included in the eclipse descriptors generated by Maven but these jline
and jansi deps are not?

(3)  What do other eclipse users on the dev team do to handle these missing
dependencies in the generated eclipse descriptors?

Regards,
--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org