karaf-dev mailing list archives

From j.@nanthrax.net
Subject Re: OpenEJB and Enterprise Features
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2011 10:17:41 GMT
-1

Karaf is a container. The features should be provided by tiers projects.

However, I wonder if a kind of a Enterprise Feature Repository (EFR) couldn't be interesting.
For instance, a EFR could host features or kar for several applications/projects.
In karaf, we register a set of EFRs. The EFR gives all hosted features. In karaf, we don't
have to define each features descriptor, we simply define a EFR location.
Like this:
- the projects could register their features
- there is no more features descriptors url to add, just a EFR location

It's kind of extensions of maven repo used for features.

My 2 cents ;)

Regards
JB
-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Moulliard <cmoulliard@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 18:15:59
To: dev<dev@karaf.apache.org>
Subject: OpenEJB and Enterprise Features

Hi,

OpenEJB project has created a feature file to deploy their bundles.
This should be an excellent candidate for our Enterprise Features file
and a compagnion for Aries. Is it better to copy / paste their
features in our file or to point to their feature file in
org.apache.karaf.features.cfg ?

+ 1 : to copy/paste = add their file in karaf.features.cfg
- 1 : to copy/paste = add their file in karaf.features.cfg

Regards,

Charles Moulliard

Sr. Principal Solution Architect - FuseSource
Apache Committer

Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
Twitter : http://twitter.com/cmoulliard
Linkedin : http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmoulliard