karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Achim Nierbeck <bcanh...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Branching karaf-2.2.x now (Re: Thoughts about Karaf profiles / releases / growing number of dependencies (Re: AW: AW: Problem when starting camel-cxf in karaf)
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 08:26:05 GMT
+1 for the stable 2.2.x branch for releasing.
Regarding the removal of the assembly changes a +1 from me too.
Regarding Pax-web and pax-url as being the only SNAPSHOT version still
open, I'm
working on it but maven didn't like me last night, I wasn't able to
sign the jars.
Will try another run tonight. Or if someone wants to step up and help me
out on this, feel free. The latest version of pax-url and pax-web
available on Github
can be released. I can manage the release notes later tonight :)

Regards, Achim

2011/2/4 Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@gmail.com>:
> That could well be another valid option.
> David, can Geronimo live with a 2.99-SNAPSHOT for a while or would
> that be needed soon ?
> I guess we could also release a bunch of RC somehow if needed for
> geronimo milestones.
>
> On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 07:24, Andreas Pieber <anpieber@gmail.com> wrote:
>> +1 for doing so and the name. I think we are already very late with this. We
>> should have forked about 4 weeks ago...
>>
>> BTW, I think we should consider removing assemlies and features /assembly /
>> framework from 2.2.x. IMHO this requires more work and fine tuning before
>> release
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Andreas
>> On 4 Feb 2011 07:06, "Guillaume Nodet" <gnodet@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> If there are no objections, I'll branch karaf-2.2.x now in order to
>>> get the release stabilized as suggested by Andreas.
>>> This means any new development will occur in trunk which will moved to

>> hope I
>> clear don't

>> blows
>> distribution
>> should go.

>> have to
>> not

>> that we
>> feel

>> Karaf is

>> urls

>> think I'm
>> roadmap

>> and
>> don't

>> registry to
>> the same
>> may
>> host

>> standard.features.xml
>> jetty),
>> components. I'm
>> everything we
>> even don't
>> have
>> packages/repo/distribution.

>> variation
>> need a
>> files),
>> that some variation
>> runtime). Which
>> I know
>> will be

>> reduce the
>> one
>> the
>> directly in

>> to the

>> the
>> only.

>> here)

>> distribution.

>> some go a
>> them are
>> of this;
>> me :)

>> profiles. It's

>> them in

Karaf.

? | 20 - org.apache.aries.jmx
>> -
? | 20 - org.apache.aries.jmx
>> -
>> org.apache.aries.blueprint -
>> waiting for
>>>>> >>>
>> [(&(objectClass=org.apache.aries.blueprint.NamespaceHandler)(osgi.service.blueprint.namespace=
>> http://karaf.apache.org/xmlns/shell/v1.0.0))]
>> org.apache.aries.blueprint -
>>>>> >>>
>> [(&(objectClass=org.apache.aries.blueprint.NamespaceHandler)(osgi.service.blueprint.namespace=
>> http://karaf.apache.org/xmlns/shell/v1.0.0))]
? | 20 - org.apache.aries.jmx
>> -
>> register
>> org.apache.aries.blueprint -
>> for
>>>>> >>>
>> [(&(objectClass=org.apache.aries.blueprint.NamespaceHandler)(osgi.service.blueprint.namespace=
>> http://aries.apache.org/blueprint/xmlns/blueprint-ext/v1.0.0))]
>> org.apache.aries.blueprint -
>>>>> >>>
>> [(&(objectClass=org.apache.aries.blueprint.NamespaceHandler)(osgi.service.blueprint.namespace=
>> http://karaf.apache.org/xmlns/shell/v1.0.0))]
>> org.apache.aries.blueprint -
>>>>> >>>
>> [(&(objectClass=org.apache.aries.blueprint.NamespaceHandler)(osgi.service.blueprint.namespace=
>> http://karaf.apache.org/xmlns/shell/v1.0.0))]
>> org.apache.aries.blueprint -
>> for
>>>>> >>>
>> [(&(objectClass=org.apache.aries.blueprint.NamespaceHandler)(osgi.service.blueprint.namespace=
>> http://karaf.apache.org/xmlns/shell/v1.0.0))]
>> org.apache.aries.blueprint -
>> for
>>>>> >>>
>> [(&(objectClass=org.apache.aries.blueprint.NamespaceHandler)(osgi.service.blueprint.namespace=
>> http://karaf.apache.org/xmlns/shell/v1.0.0))]
>> org.apache.aries.blueprint -
>> for
>>>>> >>>
>> [(&(objectClass=org.apache.aries.blueprint.NamespaceHandler)(osgi.service.blueprint.namespace=
>> http://karaf.apache.org/xmlns/shell/v1.0.0))]
? | 20 - org.apache.aries.jmx
>> -
>> org.osgi.jmx.framework.BundleStateMBean to
? | 20 - org.apache.aries.jmx
>> -
>> org.osgi.jmx.framework.ServiceStateMBean to
? | 20 - org.apache.aries.jmx
>> -
? | 20 - org.apache.aries.jmx
>> -