karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Features autostart attribute
Date Mon, 30 May 2011 18:05:01 GMT
Hi JB,

I don´t think autostart makes sense as a default. For example take the
camel feature file. You would probably never want to start all the
features. Blacklisting all that should not be started also seems like a
bad idea as in the camel case that would be just too many.

I like the current way it works. features:addurl only installs the file
and in a scond step you start the features you need. An option on addUrl
could start all the features in the file if this is wanted.

For features dropped into the deploy dir the dir should give the
default. So if the default is to start bundles dropped into that dir
then features should also be started. Kars should then behave in the
same way.

Christian