karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Pieber <anpie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Subprojects (was [VOTE] Add Cellar into Karaf trunk)
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 10:55:33 GMT
Just reading your response Guillaume; I'm not so sure if we really
should create various distributions here. Instead I think this have to
go hand-in-hand with a "feature-repository" where all subfeatures
could be registered. That way we can update the submodules independent
from the core Karaf container and require only our three distributions
as they are now. The user downloads either a minimal, standard or full
distribution (while I think standard and full are the same with the
difference that you scale the standard distribution "up" and the full
"down (as discussed in another thread by Mike and David)) and can
install cellar, web or anything else via the feature repository. I
don't think that we should differ here between a "clustering" and
"non-clustering" solution in any other way.

Kind regards,
Andreas