karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Subprojects (was [VOTE] Add Cellar into Karaf trunk)
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 09:51:37 GMT
Yes, and I think it would make sense to have a subproject dedicated to
having a ready to use webserver, such as tomcat, jetty or gemini.
We can't really talk about Karaf as a web server, that's not what it
is.

For OBR, I'm not talking about just the obr bundle, that would not
make any sense, but Jean-Baptiste talked some time ago about having an
distribution of Karaf targetet at having an OBR server with the help
of RemoteOBR (see http://gnodet.blogspot.com/2010/09/remoteobr.html).

I think the same apply to cellar.  As soon as we want to give a
personality to karaf, i.e. something build on top of Karaf, it makes
more sense to have a subproject for that.

Over the past months, I've expressed myself a number of time to make
sure Karaf does not become a dumping ground for any OSGi stuff.  For
sure, other features should be able to be installed very easily using
features xml descriptors, but that doesn't mean we should not provide
specific distributions in other subprojects.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Connect at CamelOne May 24-26