karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Ioannis Canellos <ioca...@gmail.com>
Subject Uninstall of inner features
Date Sat, 21 May 2011 06:36:11 GMT
A week ago I saw a question in the user list regarding uninstalling inner
features.

Our reply was that when a feature gets uninstalled its inner feature remain
there (which is how things currently work).

Wouldn't be great if we could implement a mechanism that would uninstall
inner features too, as long as their bundles do not contain packages
imported by bundles outside the feature?

An alternative would be to add an attribute on inner features to specify
wether the inner feature will be uninstalled or not.

The reason I am thinking about this is that on really large projects, it
make things cleaner to reuse features as inner features, but its a pain to
uninstall them.

wdyt?

--
*Ioannis Canellos*