karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Pieber <anpie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Subprojects (was [VOTE] Add Cellar into Karaf trunk)
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 16:46:26 GMT
In fact I think we should take a look how far we really want to break
down the various components. What really should be extracted. Although
there are various possibilities to split Karaf I would roughly suggest
something like: management, web, clustering, spring (to finally get
the spring things out of the "real" core :)). Since there are 13 PMCs
(if Jamie stays at releasing karaf-core there are still 12 remaining)
I think it should be possible to find 4 PMCs willing to take over the
release process for those components. I have no problem taking one
myself (which means 3 remaining :))...

Kind regards,
Andreas