karaf-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <ja...@fusesource.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Shell commands context support
Date Tue, 17 May 2011 20:24:26 GMT
On 17 May 2011 20:54, mikevan <mvangeertruy@comcast.net> wrote:
> Not really. I'm just thinking from an end-user perspective and how to use
> commands associated with a specfiic set of features.  For example, if we
> want to use camel-specific commands, what would the most intuitive way be?
> In previous posts, there were references to "context", which I (likely
> misread) thought referred to a given set of shell-commands associated with a
> given feature. Ioannis referred to this is switching contexts, which also
> may be a bit misleading.

There's only one camel shell. However CamelContext is a quite
different camel thing; kinda like a Spring ApplicationContext or web
application context; there can be many of them inside any Karaf
container. Some commands in the camel shell refer to a specific
CamelContext instance which folks may wish to default to use across
different commands.

So the part of this thread talking about associating camel contexts to
the camel commands was analogous to associating web commands to a
particular web application - so its not really related to switching or
entering/leaving shells, its more to do with environment variables
that commands use (to use the unix shell analogy).

--
James
-------

Connect at CamelOne May 24-26