karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Website mockup and goodies
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 12:35:18 GMT
On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 09:29, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> For the first Karaf birthday, I propose some presents:
>
> 1/ WebSite Mockup
> In order to give a new more friendly look'n feel and improve the Karaf
> adoption, I propose a new website. It's not a complete refactoring, it's
> just:
> - new css and scalate layout
> - content addition to promote sub-projects (like Cellar)
> - resource addition like tutorials, books and user stories (Apache
> ServiceMix, etc)
>
> You can take a look on the work in progress:
> http://maven.nanthrax.net/goodies/karaf/mockup/
>
> I'm still working on the CSS and content, but it gives you a first overview.
> Comments are welcome.

I'm not convinced we need to update the css much, but if we really
want to, I'd rather have something a bit more shiny like
  http://ofbiz.apache.org/
or
  http://cassandra.apache.org/
I think the gray background make things harder to read as the contrast
between text / background is much less.

For the layout, I agree we could make more place to subprojects by
having more prominent links to those, but unless I'm mistaken, I
haven't seen any web pages for those yet.  Maybe that should be the
first step and then later add some links / layout change for the main
web page.

> 2/ Powered by Karaf
> As requested by Jamie, I prepared logo that "client" projects should
> display.
>
> http://maven.nanthrax.net/goodies/karaf/karaf-powered-high.png
> http://maven.nanthrax.net/goodies/karaf/karaf-powered-low.png

Those are nice, and I agree with Jamie about the TM stuff.

--
Guillaume Nodet