karaf-dev mailing list archives

From mikevan <mvangeert...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [Discuss] How to display tables in karaf shell
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 13:32:38 GMT
-1 (non-binding)

Meh.  I'm a fan of the OSGi list format, not so much with the pipe-delimited
format. The reason for this is that the suggested pipe-delimited format
appears to be missing the state, Blueprint and start-level columns that are
very necessary to debugging issues.  Additionally, I don't understand the
business case behind changing the format and losing needed columns.

Christian Schneider wrote:

> Hi all
>
> while implementing https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-561
> I found that I do not like the look of our current table output like in
> osgi:list too much.
>
> Currently it looks like this:
>     ID   State         Blueprint      Level  Name
> [   0] [Active     ] [            ] [    0] System Bundle (3.2.1)
> [   1] [Active     ] [            ] [    5] OPS4J Pax Url - aether:
> (1.3.4)
> [   2] [Active     ] [            ] [    5] OPS4J Pax Url - wrap: (1.3.4)
> [   3] [Active     ] [            ] [    8] OPS4J Pax Logging - Service
> (1.6.3)
> [   4] [Active     ] [            ] [    8] OPS4J Pax Logging - API
> (1.6.3)
> [   5] [Active     ] [            ] [   10] Apache Felix Configuration
> Admin Service (1.2.8)
>
> For obr:list I experimented with the following:
> | NAME                              | SYMBOLIC
> NAME                            | VERSION       |
> | dm Kernel OSGi Spring DM Fragment |
> com.springsource.kernel.kerneldmfragment | 2.0.1.RELEASE |
> | dm Kernel OSGi Spring DM Fragment |
> com.springsource.kernel.kerneldmfragment | 2.0.2.RELEASE |
> | dm Kernel OSGi Spring DM Fragment |
> com.springsource.kernel.kerneldmfragment | 2.0.3.RELEASE |
>
> I think that looks much cleaner.
>
> What do you think? Even more ideas?
>
> Christian
>
> --