karaf-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Towards Karaf 3.0.0
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 22:05:40 GMT

On Jul 11, 2011, at 5:26 AM, Andreas Pieber wrote:
<big snip>

> * Karaf profiles & Kar files (IMHO this is one of the most important
> features for 3.x and not present in the issues by now; there had been
> considerable work on this by David, but still, we're missing a
> possibility to start e.g. CXF without modifying some files in etc)

I'm really hoping that 3.0.0 will have the minimal and standard assemblies created using kars/features
rather than the old style maven-assembly-plugin.  I haven't been able to work on this for
a while but i thought I left it in a state as least as functional as the old-style servers.
 The only bit I recall as missing is the legal files.

What are you looking for to start e.g. cxf?  IIRC you can assemble a server including a cxf
feature as a boot feature, or add it in later as a regular feature....

thanks
david jencks