karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Towards Karaf 3.0.0
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 10:43:46 GMT
Hi JB,

+1 for all proposals.

Before the 3.0.0 release I think we should do a 3.0.0-RC1 release that
people can already test. So I hope we get more feedback for the real 3.0.0.

Christian

Am 11.07.2011 12:23, schrieb  Jean-Baptiste Onofré:
> Hi all,
>
> We should now focus on the Karaf 3.0.0 release. I have a set of proposals to deal with
you.

> 1 - Jira
> ----------
> As you certainly saw in your mailbox, I started to prepare the Karaf 3.0.0 roadmap.
>
> I edited Jira issues to add a fix version and the component. Feel free to review directly
the issues associated to the 3.0.0 release (simply search the fix version 3.0.0 in Jira).

> We have also:
> - Karaf 3.0.1
> - Karaf 3.1.0
> where you can move the issues depending of the severity/priority.
>
> I would like also to propose some changes in the Jira components. Currently, the Jira
components are not very helpful. I think that we need more fine-grained components. I propose:
> - OBR: all issues related to OBR
> - Shell: all issues related to shell display and shell commands (it's currently console)
> - WebConsole: all issues related to the web console
> - WebContainer: all issues related to the web container, web deployer, Pax-Web
> - Features: all issues related to Karaf features
> - WrapDeployer: all issues related to wrap deployer
> - KAR: all issues related to KAR artifact and deployer
> - OSGi/Runtime: all issues related to bundle installation, OSGi framework, etc
> - Cellar: all issues related to Karaf Cellar
>
> 2 - Subversion
> --------------------
> Currently Karaf 3.0.0 is the Karaf trunk.
>
> I propose:
> - to focus on the Jira issues first, that it should be fixed on trunk
> - release Karaf 3.0.0
> - when Karaf 3.0.0 is out, I will create the karaf-3.0.x branch, and the trunk will become
Karaf 3.1.0

> Is it OK for you ?
>
> 3 - Quality
> --------------
> Karaf 3.0.0 is an important release. It's expected by a lot of people and projects, and
for a long time now :)

> It's really important that we insure the highest quality for this release.
> It means that I don't wanna rush on this release: I would like that we take a time to
make clean code, deep tests, add the unit tests when it's required, etc.

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect