karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Achim Nierbeck <bcanh...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Towards Karaf 3.0.0
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 12:23:20 GMT
I'm with Andreas here
only if the amount of work (Jamie you know best :-) )
is acceptable for a RC that is not only tested from us.
Does ServiceMix do a RC yet, is it planned for future releases?
Is Geronimo willing to Test with a Karaf RC?
Only in that cases I think the work should be put in place.

Regards, Achim

2011/7/11 Andreas Pieber <anpieber@gmail.com>:
> Basically +1; the only question here: does anybody (except of us on
> the dev-list) really use/test RCs?
>
> If yes +1;
> otherwise -1 since a releaese (even an RC) is a considerable amount of work
>
> Just my 2 cents
>
> Kind regards,
> Andreas
>
> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 12:47 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>> Good idea for the RC1. The branch cut off will stand once the RC1 will be "approved".
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>

>> On Mon 11/07/11 12:43 , Christian Schneider  wrote::
>>
>> Hi JB,
>>
>> +1 for all proposals.
>>
>> Before the 3.0.0 release I think we should do a 3.0.0-RC1 release that
>> people can already test. So I hope we get more feedback for the real 3.0.0.
>>
>> Christian
>>

>> Am 11.07.2011 12:23, schrieb  Jean-Baptiste Onofré:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> We should now focus on the Karaf 3.0.0 release. I have a set of proposals to
deal with you.

>>> 1 - Jira
>>> ----------
>>> As you certainly saw in your mailbox, I started to prepare the Karaf 3.0.0 roadmap.
>>>
>>> I edited Jira issues to add a fix version and the component. Feel free to review
directly the issues associated to the 3.0.0 release (simply search the fix version 3.0.0 in
Jira).

>>> We have also:
>>> - Karaf 3.0.1
>>> - Karaf 3.1.0
>>> where you can move the issues depending of the severity/priority.
>>>
>>> I would like also to propose some changes in the Jira components. Currently,
the Jira components are not very helpful. I think that we need more fine-grained components.
I propose:
>>> - OBR: all issues related to OBR
>>> - Shell: all issues related to shell display and shell commands (it's currently
console)
>>> - WebConsole: all issues related to the web console
>>> - WebContainer: all issues related to the web container, web deployer, Pax-Web
>>> - Features: all issues related to Karaf features
>>> - WrapDeployer: all issues related to wrap deployer
>>> - KAR: all issues related to KAR artifact and deployer
>>> - OSGi/Runtime: all issues related to bundle installation, OSGi framework, etc
>>> - Cellar: all issues related to Karaf Cellar
>>>
>>> 2 - Subversion
>>> --------------------
>>> Currently Karaf 3.0.0 is the Karaf trunk.
>>>
>>> I propose:
>>> - to focus on the Jira issues first, that it should be fixed on trunk
>>> - release Karaf 3.0.0
>>> - when Karaf 3.0.0 is out, I will create the karaf-3.0.x branch, and the trunk
will become Karaf 3.1.0

>>> Is it OK for you ?
>>>
>>> 3 - Quality
>>> --------------
>>> Karaf 3.0.0 is an important release. It's expected by a lot of people and projects,
and for a long time now :)

>>> It's really important that we insure the highest quality for this release.
>>> It means that I don't wanna rush on this release: I would like that we take a
time to make clean code, deep tests, add the unit tests when it's required, etc.

>>> So, no rush, we take the time that we need :)
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Regards
>>> JB
>>>

>> --